|Sophie Germain by Auguste Eugene Leray|
- These lists are really getting old. Get creative. Stop copying everyone else.
- Lists of women in tech call attention to the shortage of women, and can be discouraging.
- If we must make lists, let's make lists about top reasons to be a computer professional. Be encouraging!
- An in-depth article about an ordinary woman and her work is more inspirational than a list of sound-bites about "top women."
- Lists are often not well-researched. A CEO with no engineering experience doesn't belong on a list of women engineers, for example.
- Sometimes a woman in a "top 10 women" list was actually a man previously.
- It's 2015. Maybe it's time to talk about top performers in tech, regardless of gender.
- The actual work is being done by the thousands of women and men you left off your list.
- Too often the list includes Ada Lovelace, Grace Hopper, or Hedy Lamarr, whom we all love, but there are lots of living women in computing too.
- When the tech workforce becomes more gender diverse, what are you going to do then? Top Sophie Germain prime number of women in tech? :-)
p.s. To see my list of women in tech, go here.